News & Publications
Sands Cotai Macao is looking for a Senior Bid Manager
23 July 2012
Job Title: Senior Bid Manager, Sands Cotai Macao
Department: Destination & Resort Sales (Sales)
Location: Venetian Macau
Reports to Executive Director of Marketing-MICE, Sands Cotai Macao
Secure international and national congress bids for Sands Cotai Macao with strategic, creative and innovative bid proposals that profile Sands Cotai Macao.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct, train, and motivate business development team
- Develop bid strategy for top global target accounts
- Maintain proper sales process to generate increased leads and confirmed MICE opportunities for Sands Cotai Macao
- Assure superior service standards to enhance client experiences
- Participate in sales calls and group presentations that relate to MICE bids
- Manage the planning of the bidding process:
- Prepare guidelines and process for a bid strategy/submittal
- Identify local ambassador
- Obtain involvement of local ambassador
- Communicate all relevant information between sales staff, client and local ambassador
- Put a bid together to send to client within the required deadline and present as required
- Assure follow up on status of bid
- Plan and execute bid promotion
- Assure feedback is received and analyzed
- Research and analyze competing destinations’ congress ambassador programs
- Create and implement the Sands Cotai Macao Ambassador Program
- Identify and engage local congress hosts based upon the requirements of the congress organizer and in conjunction with the Business Development Executive’s
- Create and coordinate annual recognition program for congress ambassadors
- Deliver high levels of service and commitment to congress ambassadors as it pertains to their congress bid and implementation
- Work with the Community Relations department and manage projects and programs designed to increase community awareness and understanding of Sands China Limited when required to support destination BIDS for Sands Cotai Macao
- Work closely with Vice President of Public Relations and Community Affairs, Sands China Ltd to ensure there are open lines of communications with Macau Government Tourist Offices, Economic Services Bureau and other relevant government organizations as required
- Maintain strong working relationships with all stakeholders within SCM and externally
- Maintain excellent product knowledge of all Sands Cotai Macao facilities
- Maintain excellent product knowledge of the destination including attractions, recreation, etc., other convention & exhibition space, hotels and services
- Oversee all site inspections and Famils
- Other duties as assigned
University degree required.
CDME certification an advantage.
- Minimum five years experience in a Tourism Board, Convention Bureau, or similar destinationmanagement organization.
- Hospitality experience in similar role is an advantage.
- Marketing experience is an advantage.
- Large scale operation across multiple sites is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Sales and Catering Management system, Delphi experience is preferred.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Adobe Photoshop.
- Fluency in reading, writing and spoken English.
- Proficiency in Cantonese and Mandarin are an advantage.
Skills / Abilities / Presence
- Train team members on destination marketing best practices and implement those processes within the team.
- Have qualified organizational skills to manage several tasks at once
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, vendors, clients and stakeholders
- Be able to work in a multi-cultural work environment
- Be willing to work any day and any shift
- Meet the attendance guidelines of the job and adhere to departmental and company policies
- Have a well groomed, professional appearance
Physical Requirements / Work Environment
- Work inside and continuously maneuver in and around all areas of the offices
- Possess good manual dexterity. Possess the manual dexterity to operate office equipment including a telephone, computer, photocopy machine, fax machine
- Respond to visual and aural cues
Interested parties can apply for this open job position by sending an email to Ms. Natasha Tome (firstname.lastname@example.org)